5 Reasons why you should carry a survival kit
There are actually a lot more reasons to carry a Survival kit, and survival type items with you in your vehicle or at home and out on adventures, but in this article we will just cover what could be considered the top five.
5. If you unfortunately get into an accident. We never want to think about it happening to us, or think that it ever will. The fact of the matter is there is a 1 in 77 chance that we have of getting into a car accident in our lifetime. That means it very well could happen, and it is best to be prepared if it does. The items in a good survival kit would be the typical items that could come in very handy for any Emergency situation. Things like Emergency blanket, A cutting tool such as a knife, Some kind of device to be able to light a fire, Bandages, and possibly medication, Water or some kind of water filtration device. Having these items with you could mean the difference between life or death potentially.
4. Number four is similar to number 5, but if you happen to come across someone else that has been in some kind of tramatic event. It could be a car accident, A pedestrian being struck, somebody that has possibly been assaulted, Some other kind of accident. It could be any one of a number of reason’s, but bottom line is carrying the proper items could help save someone else. The proper items being pretty much the same as number five.
3. You happen to be out on your favorite adventure and an unfortunate accident happens. It would be your worst nightmare! You are out enjoying a nice day deep in the wilderness, and all the sudden you trip and fall, or twist a knee jumping over something. Many things could potentially happen in the blink of an eye. If you are far away from other people, or Emergency personnel, you would be in a bit of a pickle. A pickle that could potentially cost you your life! If you are too far away to walk back to town, your car breaks down, you better be prepared until help can come. You would definitely want to be carrying an Emergency blanket, a fire device, a compass or GPS, water, a medical kit, extra food or rations.
2. A catastrophic event. It may sound crazy to some, but these are crazy times we live in. It feels more and more all the time the tensions between some countries in the world today. It wouldn’t be too far fetched to think something could happen. Whether it be an invasion, or heaven forbid very large bombs. The chances of it happening in our lifetime, well it’s definitely possible. It is still better to be safe, and prepared is better than being sorry. If something happened where a member of my family was injured somehow, and I didn’t have what i needed to take care of them, well that would be hard to live with. It therefore is a great idea to have on hand the items mentioned above.
- A natural disaster. The chances of getting caught in a natural disaster are a little more likely than number two, which is what put’s it in the number one spot. There are many different kinds of disaster’s around the world every year. Things like Hurricanes and Typhoons, Earthquakes, Floods, Drought’s, etc… These things are devasting when they occur and cause many injuries, devastation, and deaths. If you happen to live in areas where these are more common, then it is definitely good to be prepared. It could mean the difference between life and death for you or someone else. So, that wraps up our top 5 reasons to be prepared and carry a good Survival kit. Whether you get one already complete, or prefer to build your own. Check out our site where we carry complete kits or the accessories to build your own. www.Survivalmart24x7.com Remember, it’s better to be safe than sorry.